This two-day workshop is designed for all veterinarians wanting to refresh or improve their gastrointestinal surgery skills. Whether you are fresh out of vet school, or with decades of experience, this workshop is for you.
- Can you perform an exploratory laparotomy and be confident you haven’t missed anything?
- Are you comfortable performing an intestinal anastomoses?
- Does your heart sink when a suspected GDV is on its way to the clinic?
Improve your skill and confidence when managing surgical gastrointestinal cases. Learn tips and tricks of GI abdominal surgical techniques. Improve your surgical outcomes and your job satisfaction.
This two-day seminar and workshop will comprise of a seminar on day one, followed by a practical wet-lab on day two. The workshop places are limited so reserve your place soon.
- Improve your management of surgical GI cases
- Be able to confidently perform abdominal GI surgery
- Be able to manage GI emergencies with confidence
BVSc, MANZCVS, DECVS
European and NZ Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
Damian is a surgical specialist based at VSG in Auckland, New Zealand, and is a co-founder of Practical CPD. He graduated from Massey University in 1997 and spent a number of years in mixed animal practice before he completed his residency in small animal surgery at Glasgow University. Damian gained the Diploma for the European College of Veterinary Surgeons in 2011.
Damian has a keen interest in all aspects of surgery especially complex fracture fixation and reconstructive surgery. He also enjoys working with wildlife and has operated on a variety of different species such as chimpanzees, giraffes, and seals, including two trips to Cameroon to operate on lowland gorillas.