Do you find assessing the meniscus challenging? Not sure how to treat or prevent meniscal disease?
This full-day surgical cadaver workshop is for all vets who perform cruciate surgery. It focuses on the techniques, equipment and decision-making used in mini-arthrotomies. By the end of the day, delegates should finish the course feeling confident in managing patients with meniscal disease.
- Perform epidural analgesia
- Approach the meniscus through a medial and lateral mini-arthrotomy
- Practice tips and tricks that increase visualisation of stifle anatomy
- Use with confidence a stifle distractor, meniscal probe, pull-knife and push-knife
- Perform meniscal surgery: probing, therapeutic release, prophylactic release and partial meniscectomy
- Become confident in applying evidence-based decision-making to your patients
BVSc CertSAS DECVS
European and NZ Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
Brent is an orthopaedic surgeon based at VetSpecs in Christchurch, New Zealand. He graduated from Massey University and completed his surgical residency at the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom. He has co-founded OssAbility, Practical CPD, ZeroPainPhilosophy and has a video blog DrBrentHiggins.com.