Do you find assessing the meniscus challenging? Not sure how to treat or prevent meniscal disease?
This full-day surgical cadaver workshop is for all vets who perform cruciate surgery. It focuses on the techniques, equipment and decision-making used in mini-arthrotomies. By the end of the day, delegates should finish the course feeling confident in managing patients with meniscal disease.
- Perform epidural analgesia
- Approach the meniscus through a medial and lateral mini-arthrotomy
- Practice tips and tricks that increase visualisation of stifle anatomy
- Use with confidence a stifle distractor, meniscal probe, pull-knife and push-knife
- Perform meniscal surgery: probing, therapeutic release, prophylactic release and partial meniscectomy
- Become confident in applying evidence-based decision-making to your patients
BVSc CertSAS DECVS
European and NZ Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
Brent is an orthopaedic surgeon based in Christchurch, New Zealand. He graduated from Massey University and completed his surgical residency at the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom. He has co-founded OssAbility, Practical CPD, ZeroPainPhilosophy and has a video blog DrBrentHiggins.com.
Value to your practice
Attending this workshop will allow you to improve your confidence when assessing and treating meniscal disease, as well as hone your skills in performing mini-arthrotomies, resulting in reduced surgical time when performing cruciate surgery, less post-operative discomfort and improved outcomes for your cruciate patients.
There are 2 suggested accommodation options which are a 5 minute drive from the workshop venue and 15 minutes to Auckland airport, including:
Start date: October 27, 2022
End date: October 27, 2022
Start time: 08:30
End time: 17:00
Venue: Kahuvet Education Centre, Wiri, Auckland
Coordinates: -37.004418, 174.866307
Directions: 23 Ash Road, Wiri, Auckland 2104