This highly practical workshop is designed to improve your understanding and treatment of urinary and perineal conditions. You will be able to assess, diagnose and treat cases with confidence.
- Tips for a successful perineal urethrostomy – how much is enough?
- Reduction and repairing of perineal hernias – the anatomy, physiology and what to do if you end up in the bladder?
- Confident anal sacculectomy – is faecel incontinence really a risk?
Delegates will have the opportunity for hands-on practice of the surgical techniques in the afternoon wet-lab.
At the end of this workshop delegates should be able to:
- Successfully perform a perineal urethrostomy
- Diagnose and treat a perineal hernia
- Confidently perform an anal sacculectomy
Dr Kat Crosse
BVSc DipECVS, European and NZ Registered Specialist in Small Animal Surgery
Kat graduated from the University of Cambridge in 2006 and enjoyed the challenges of mixed practice in the UK before moving to NZ to pursue an internship at Massey. Following another stint in general practice back in the UK and another long flight she returned to Massey for a surgical residency, sitting board exams in 2016. She is now a diplomate of the European College of Surgeons and lecturer in surgery at Massey University.
Value to your practice
Attending this workshop will equip you with the knowledge to understand and diagnose these conditions and be able to confidently perform appropriate surgical techniques for the benefit of your patients.
There are 2 suggested accommodation options which are a 5 minute drive from the workshop venue and 15 minutes to Auckland airport, including:
Start date: May 27, 2021
End date: May 28, 2021
Start time: 08:30
End time: 17:00
Venue: Kahuvet Education Centre, Wiri, Auckland
Coordinates: -37.004418, 174.866307
Directions: Unit 2B, 23 Ash Road, Wiri, Auckland 2104